Chairperson: Karen Baker 870-210-0608
Tuesday, September 17 after parade
For entry form click the "Printable Forms" link at the top right of the screen. Blank forms will also be available at rehearsal.
1. Tiny Talent Division contestants must be amateurs under 10 years of age residing in Pike County school district or be a student in a Pike County school.
2. Junior Youth Division contestants must be amateurs, 10-15 years of age and unmarried residents of the Pike County school district or a student in a Pike County school.
3. Senior Youth Talent Division contestants must be amateurs, 16-21 years of age and unmarried residents of the Pike County school district or a student in a Pike County school.
4. ALL acts in every category and age are limited to a three (3) minute time period. This includes all music and dances; every aspect of your act must be contained within this time frame.
5. Musical accompaniment for any act must be recorded. Contestants must furnish their own CDs, which must contain ONLY the music needed for performance and must be NO longer than 3 minutes. Any act whose CD contains more than the music needed for their performance or is over the time limit will be automatically disqualified. It is recommended you bring a second CD to have in case of emergency. All CDs must be properly cued in advance and clearly labeled with contestants name, time of tape, and music title.
6. Twirling and gymnastics will not be judged.
7. Any inappropriate lyrics of a song in a vocal performance, accompaniment music or inappropriate moves or gestures in any category will result in immediate disqualification.
8. Any inappropriate costumes, dress or conduct will result in immediate disqualification. This will be at the sole discretion of the Contest Chairperson.
9. You must be on time and present at rehearsal on September 15th at 3:30 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
10. Entry forms, fees and copies of lyrics must be turned in to Chairperson by September 15th at 3:30 p.m.
11. Awards for Senior, Junior, and Tiny divisions will be given.
12. Winners will be expected to perform at various times during the Pike County Fair's evenings activities.
13. No contestant will be allowed to enter in more than 2 categories.
14. The winners in each category (Jr. and Sr. division) are eligible to compete at the state fair.
15. Any contestant that enters in the Jr. or Sr. division and does not win the category entered will be eligible to compete in the district fair talent show at Hope, Arkansas. You must have entered the county contest to compete.
16. If a winner in a category does not go to the state contest the county can send the runner-up.
17. Explanation of Categories:
Vocal Solo - only 1 performer. No other talent in conjunction with the solo.
Vocal Group - 2 contestants or no more than 15. Must use CD for accompaniment at district and state
Instrumental Solo - instrumental only - keyboard provided - no drums
Dance Solo - One dancer. If you include gymnastics, no more than 2 gymnastic or acrobatic stunts.
Dance Group - 2 to 15 dancers. Same rules as solo applies on stunts
Variety - 1 to 15 people. It is to showcase multiple talents. Keyboard provided, no drums.