Chairperson: Karen Baker 870-210-0608
Tuesday, September 6 after the parade
For entry form click the "Printable Forms" link at the top right of the screen. Blank forms will also be available at rehearsal.
1. Tiny Talent Division contestants must be amateurs under 10 years of age residing in one of the counties in the southwest region (as determined by Arkansas State Fair) of Arkansas.
2. Junior Youth Division contestants must be amateurs, 10-15 years of age and unmarried, residing in one of the counties in the southwest region (as determined by Arkansas State Fair) of Arkansas.
3. Senior Youth Talent Division contestants must be amateurs, 16-21 years of age and unmarried, residing in one of the counties in the southwest region (as determined by Arkansas State Fair) of Arkansas. The winner of this division will receive a $200 scholarship (donation made by anonymous donor).
4. ALL acts in every category and age are limited to a three (3) minute time period. This includes all music and dances; every aspect of your act must be contained within this time frame.
5. Musical accompaniment for any act must be recorded. Contestants must furnish their own CDs, which must contain ONLY the music needed for performance and must be NO longer than 3 minutes. Any act whose CD contains more than the music needed for their performance or is over the time limit will be automatically disqualified. It is recommended you bring a second CD to have in case of emergency. All CDs must be properly cued in advance and clearly labeled with contestants name, time of tape, and music title.
6. Twirling and gymnastics will not be judged.
7. Any inappropriate lyrics of a song in a vocal performance, accompaniment music or inappropriate moves or gestures in any category will result in immediate disqualification.
8. Any inappropriate costumes, dress or conduct will result in immediate disqualification. This will be at the sole discretion of the contest chairperson.
9. Contestants who wish to rehearse will be able to do so. Contact the talent show chairperson for more information.
10. Entry forms, fees and copies of lyrics must be turned in to Chairperson before performing.
11. Awards for Senior, Junior, and Tiny divisions will be given.
12. Winners will be expected to perform at various times during the Pike County Fair's evenings activities throughout the week of the fair.
13. No contestant will be allowed to enter in more than 2 categories.
14. The highest scoring contestants (who are also residents of Pike County) in each category (Jr. and Sr. division) are eligible to compete at the state fair.
15. Any contestant that enters in the Jr. or Sr. division and does not win the category entered will be eligible to compete in the Southwest District Fair Talent Show in Hope, Arkansas.
16. Explanation of Categories:
Vocal Solo - only 1 performer. No other talent in conjunction with the solo.
Vocal Group - 2 contestants or no more than 15. Must use CD for accompaniment at district and state
Instrumental Solo - instrumental only - keyboard provided - no drums
Dance Solo - One dancer. If you include gymnastics, no more than 2 gymnastic or acrobatic stunts.
Dance Group - 2 to 15 dancers. Same rules as solo applies on stunts
Variety - 1 to 15 people. It is to showcase multiple talents. Keyboard provided, no drums.