Tuesday, September 5 5:30 p.m.
2023 Fair Theme: BARN in the USA
Grand Marshall: Family of Jack Lee
Chairperson: Karen Baker 870-210-0608
1. Parade participants will line up on Smokey Bear Lane. Horses will start at the fairgrounds and ride over to Smokey Bear Lane. Line will form promptly at 5:00 p.m. Marching band will start at the CHI office.
2. Parade will begin at 5:30 p.m. with line-up starting no earlier than 4:00 p.m.
3. This year's Pike County Fair theme is BARN in the USA.
4. All horses must have a proof of negative Coggins Test as required by Arkansas Law (Senate Bill 511). Horses will meet at the rodeo arena to pre-register and have Coggins checked. Horses will fall in line when the parade begins to be at the end of the parade lineup.
5. ATV's will be escorted by the Glenwood City Police.
6. Places are awarded as follows: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each division.
1. Best Decorated Car
2. Best Groomed Horse and Rider
3. Best Decorated Float
4. Open and Junior Division